Introducing the Washington Concert Society
The Washington concert Society (WCS) is a nonprofit organization and is organized exclusively for charitable, community services and educational purposes. The purpose of the establishment and operation of the Washington Concert Society are as follows:
- To contribute to the improvement of the Washington Metro Area’s music culture by planning concerts of exceptional level targeted towards the region.
- To expand the base knowledge of music in the Washington Metro region by offering the general public opportunities to learn the theory and practice of music.
- To provide opportunities for musicians to share their talents with the Washington Metro Area community.
- Christian Classical Singers (CCS): Professional Korean Male Singers Group in the Washington Metropolitan area.
- WCS Men’s Choir: This ensemble will consist of 40-50 members. Weekly rehearsals will take place, as well as one to two performances annually.
- Chamber Orchestra: This small ensemble will consist of 30 members, selected through an audition process. Rehearsals and performances both independently and dependently will take a place as needed.
Other events to be hosted by the WCS:
- Master classes, Vocal classes, Music Elective Classes, Music lectures, etc.
- Vocal/Instrumental Competition open to youth and the general public held once a year.